Training Courses and Workshops
At Centre for Good Relations we offer a variety of courses and workshops in the areas of Conflict, Mediation, Coaching, and Facilitation.
Our qualified trainers have over a decade of experience in the field of mediation, facilitation and conflict transformation. The trainers bring this experience to bear in all of our training courses and skill-sharing sessions, making the learning informative and memorable.
Some examples of the training courses we offer include:
- One-day Conflict Awareness
- Handling Tricky Situations
- Using Mediation at Protests and Demonstrations
- Civic Mediation Theory and Practice
We can support your work on particular issues and current challenges you are dealing with by devising and delivering bespoke sessions. Inputs tailored to specific needs and situations have been well-received by a range of organisations from housing associations to local councils and environmental organisations.
These courses and workshops can cover issues such as:
- Effective engagement with service users or community members
- Responding to issues where there are disputes and tensions
- Handling contention well, and ‘steering through’ controversies and conflicted situations
- Developing skills and approaches to use when having difficult conversations
- Managing change and building collaboration
Participants in a recent training course we ran in one Scottish city said that they…
‘liked how the facilitators listened to our context and specific scenarios at the start and throughout … Centre for Good Relations related the content to our examples and real-life situations … The sessions were very interactive, with enough opportunities to share thoughts and reflections … There was a good balance of input from trainers and structured discussion opportunities for participants, tailored to our needs’.
For further information about our training offer, and to chat about whether we might be able to put on training which suits your organisation and situation, please email Abdul Rahim: email@example.com or phone 07960 683328.